none
Proper documentation to get Driver Signature for XP & Vista using WHCL RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed the WHCK client on a stand-alone XP x64 and it installed fine. I can see the XP machine in the WHCK Studio and when I go to run tests there are none to select. It is configured properly like I have done for other tests but I do not see any available tests to run for XP. I ran tests for W8x64 RP and W7x64 and they went smoothly. I need to at least get XP's driver signed through the newer WHCK. I was able to do it using the older WHLK. I now have to do the same for Vista as many of our customers customers still use the older OS's. I have downloaded about every documentation for WHCK and it pans over XP and does not specify how it is done.
    • Moved by HLK ModeratorModerator Wednesday, October 3, 2012 6:16 PM Move to new forum (From:Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development)
    Friday, August 10, 2012 2:28 PM

Answers

• Hello RichQC

When you submit results for Windows 7 or Windows 8 for your device under test [ DUT - here in your case the printer device drivers], MS gives an option to avail free digital signatures for Windows Vista and XP as well.

So when you submit the test results for Windows 7 [ OR] Windows 8 [ or] Both , you can get free digitally signed drivers for XP and Vista.

If you need further guidance in the entire process or if you have any queries please let us know

Thanks

Wintestlogo Team

WintestConsultancy and Services

Wintest Consultancy and Services Email:help@wintestlogo.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 1:49 AM
  • Boris

If the device for which you have developed also supports XP / Vista, then its like you can run the tests on Windows 7 or Windows 8 andwhen you submit results to Microsoft Sysdev, in the results submission process you will have an option to check the free Digital signature for XP, Free Digital Signature for Vista. When you check these two boxes, you will get free digital certificates for XP and Vista.

If you still need more information please let us know.We can guide you through the process.

Wintest Consultancy and Services Email:technical.team@wintestlogo.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Saturday, August 18, 2012 3:49 PM

All replies

• I am pretty sure you can get an XP signature by asking for a newer OS signature (not sure which one)

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, August 10, 2012 3:32 PM
  • I thought that when you see XP in the studio that it detects the OS and provides the necessary tests. W8 had 25 test to complete and W7 had 21 - so it does detect the OS. I know MS does support XP but there are tons of end-users that still use it based on it is working fine in the simpilist form why change it. We provide a print driver that needs to be digitally signed in order to reduce the number of support callls that it is an unsigned driver.

Friday, August 10, 2012 7:48 PM
  • Hello RichQC

When you submit results for Windows 7 or Windows 8 for your device under test [ DUT - here in your case the printer device drivers], MS gives an option to avail free digital signatures for Windows Vista and XP as well.

So when you submit the test results for Windows 7 [ OR] Windows 8 [ or] Both , you can get free digitally signed drivers for XP and Vista.

If you need further guidance in the entire process or if you have any queries please let us know

Thanks

Wintestlogo Team

WintestConsultancy and Services

Wintest Consultancy and Services Email:help@wintestlogo.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 1:49 AM
  • Hello All,

Could you describe in more details obtaining Digital Signature for older systems?

Boris Knutov, Quality Assurance Engineer, Agnitum Ltd.

Thursday, August 16, 2012 11:15 AM
  • Boris

If the device for which you have developed also supports XP / Vista, then its like you can run the tests on Windows 7 or Windows 8 andwhen you submit results to Microsoft Sysdev, in the results submission process you will have an option to check the free Digital signature for XP, Free Digital Signature for Vista. When you check these two boxes, you will get free digital certificates for XP and Vista.

If you still need more information please let us know.We can guide you through the process.

Wintest Consultancy and Services Email:technical.team@wintestlogo.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Saturday, August 18, 2012 3:49 PM
  • Unfortunately we use two different drivers for XP and Win8.
    How can I get a signed .cat file for Win XP?

Boris Knutov, Quality Assurance Engineer, Agnitum Ltd.

Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:50 PM
  • Boris

You have test your Drivers using WLK1.6 Kit on XP and get Digitally signed drivers , once your results are approved.

Thanks

Wintestlogo Team

Thursday, August 30, 2012 5:18 PM