Silverlight XAP is not updated in web application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a solution with 1 web app and 1 silverlight app. When building in VS 2008, the xap file is correclty updated in the web app's ClientBin folder. When building in Blend, it isn't.

Is this a bug in blend? Any workarounds?

Thanks.
    Monday, March 30, 2009 11:52 AM

All replies

• Did you also try to "Rebuild" the solution?
    Monday, March 30, 2009 2:06 PM
  • Did you also try to "Rebuild" the solution?

Yes, still the same.
    Monday, March 30, 2009 2:07 PM
  • Can you discover if the xap is build somehwere else or isn't it build anymore from Blend?
    Monday, March 30, 2009 2:12 PM
  • Can you discover if the xap is build somehwere else or isn't it build anymore from Blend?

The xap is built correclty in blend and visual studio. The only difference is that it is only copied to the web app's clientbin folder in visual studio.
    Monday, March 30, 2009 5:15 PM
  • I don't think that's a bug. I can imagine that's only copied to the client bin becuase SL is a client solution without any information to a server.
    Monday, March 30, 2009 6:46 PM
  • Well, it's obviously a problem in Blend. Also, it doesn't like some types of projects (like VS Test Projects). Hopefully these kinds of issues will be addressed in v3.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:18 AM
  • Could you please share a repro for this? You could email it to me at unnir at microsoft dot com.

We had made an explicit attempt to copy the XAP into the website location, but perhaps there are cases where we don't do this correctly.

Thanks!
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 6:22 AM
  • Similar problem here with the lastest Silverlight build 60129

I REBUILD SOLUTION, I deploy the application in IIS and when accesing the application I'm still with the old
    It's not downloading the new version.

what to do ?

I tried deleting all the history if Internet Explorer and yet nothing

Marcheur extrême...
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 11:56 AM