launch Windows default Camera App with HW Button

Question

• Hello,

we plan to build up a tablet product with a hardware button designed for Camera, we may use the button to call up windows default camera app, and after launch the app, use the same button to take photo. we want to implement the function on Windows platform, using real hardware button, like buttons for volume up & down,  I don't have any guides on how to build up the camera button, how to launch the default camera app, and how to take photo using the hardware button.

Can anyone help on this ?

Thanks so much.

programmer

Thursday, September 25, 2014 8:37 AM

Answers

• Hi Strongpan,

From your description, I assume you want to build application using Surface hardware button. I would recommend you have a look at Surface SDK. Your problem is more related to Surface development, so please reopen thread on Surface development forum for effective response. This forum is to discuss windows store app development.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, September 26, 2014 3:13 AM