Change a text in all the pages of MOSS 2007 website RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys,

I want to change name of the company in all the pages of one of my MOSS 2007 website.

Suppose my company name is "abc-def" which is used in number of pages of website. Now I want to change it to "xyz-pqr". Can you please let me know how can I do it in efficient manner? I don't want to edit each and every page and change the name of company manually.

Even that name of company is alos there in few of the uploaded documents. Can you guide me to shrotest path to achieve this goal?

Thank You,

Maulik

Friday, April 20, 2012 6:36 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Create a small console application and update the page name using object model. As far as i know there is no other shortest way to do this.

Hope it could help

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Friday, April 20, 2012 10:14 AM
  • Hello,

You can change the company name in Title,Description and Icon settings.

And regarding the documents, I guess you need to change it manually :(

Hope the information helps!

Thanks & Regards, Chandra Shekhar

Friday, April 20, 2012 2:52 PM
  • If the company name is in the master file, then I believe you only need to edit that one. Any site using that master file or wasn't customized, should automatically have the updated text because they're referring to same master file.

I'm afraid the documents will need to be updated manually. Not aware of any other options.

Pman
    http://www.pmansLab.com/

Saturday, April 21, 2012 3:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Create a small console application and update the page name using object model. As far as i know there is no other shortest way to do this.

Hope it could help

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Friday, April 20, 2012 10:14 AM
  • Hello,

You can change the company name in Title,Description and Icon settings.

And regarding the documents, I guess you need to change it manually :(

Hope the information helps!

Thanks & Regards, Chandra Shekhar

Friday, April 20, 2012 2:52 PM
  • If the company name is in the master file, then I believe you only need to edit that one. Any site using that master file or wasn't customized, should automatically have the updated text because they're referring to same master file.

I'm afraid the documents will need to be updated manually. Not aware of any other options.

Pman
    http://www.pmansLab.com/

Saturday, April 21, 2012 3:45 PM