Which SDQL version is supported by Windows Embedded 8 Standard and Windows Embedded 8.1 pro. RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone tell me Which SDQL versions are supported by Windows Embedded 8 Standard and Windows Embedded 8.1 pro.?
    Monday, December 18, 2017 9:32 PM

Answers

• Hi ABC1101,

>> Can anyone tell me Which SDQL versions are supported by Windows Embedded 8 Standard and Windows Embedded 8.1 pro.?

As per KB, anything between SQL Server 2008 and 2017 should be fine on Windows 8.1, but you might need to apply latest service pack to bring it to a supported state.

Besides, there might be some differences between embedded version of Windows and general versions of Windows. In this case, I’d suggest you talk to your vendor regarding the supportability issue.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Hannah

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by ABC1101 Tuesday, December 19, 2017 2:31 PM
    Tuesday, December 19, 2017 2:12 AM

All replies

• Hi ABC1101,

>> Can anyone tell me Which SDQL versions are supported by Windows Embedded 8 Standard and Windows Embedded 8.1 pro.?

As per KB, anything between SQL Server 2008 and 2017 should be fine on Windows 8.1, but you might need to apply latest service pack to bring it to a supported state.

Besides, there might be some differences between embedded version of Windows and general versions of Windows. In this case, I’d suggest you talk to your vendor regarding the supportability issue.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Hannah

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by ABC1101 Tuesday, December 19, 2017 2:31 PM
    Tuesday, December 19, 2017 2:12 AM
  • Hello,

Additional see Microsoft SQL Server 2014 for Embedded Systems

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 6:52 AM