Bug : Handling PointerMoved is glitchy (with swapchainpanel perhaps)

General discussion

• Hi,

I have an application that is using SwapChainPanel. But if i have the following inside scp_PointerPressed() handler:

PointerPoint point = e.GetCurrentPoint(swapChainPanel); // this is the only code inside the event handler

The application slows right down, but strangely, only if the mouse movements are fast. Slow mouse movements don't effect performance. I'm not doing anything else in the handler, I've commented out the code that submits the input to my game/engine.
    Sunday, March 22, 2015 12:15 AM

All replies

• Ok, I can cause this issue to vanish as long as I'm downloading in firefox (I was downloading Windows 10). I tried downloading in steam, and it didn't prevent the hitching. But I even started downloading W10 a second time just to test it, and sure enough, the hitching in my app went away. How strange is that !

Edit : I can't be sure, but I'm guessing that an application on the system is interfering somehow. My current contenders are:

1. Firefox

2. AMD Raptor gaming app ** this is the one that is most likely, as it may have dx hooks **

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 6:20 AM
  • The issue is AMD Gaming Evolved App. When i close it, my application runs fine.
    Thursday, March 26, 2015 1:58 AM