none
Visual Studio freeze while saving a .aspx file

Question

• Hi, 

i am new in visual studio 2015. My school requires me to use asp.net to create a website.

Every time i save a .aspx file after editing, my visual studio freezes.

I need to kill and restart the visual studio.

I have tried to reinstall the visual studio 2015, turned off the anti-virus software when i use the visual studio.

I do not think its my computer configuration problem and my visual studio is up to date.

Anyone encounter the same issue? I googled the issue several days and still have no idea how to fix it.

Friday, February 19, 2016 12:34 PM

Answers

• Hi Zev Cheung,

Please create a new project/aspx file and then add just one element in the page, for example, add a button, to check whether the new projest/asps file also has this problem.

If the new project/aspx file works fine, please share the aspx file content to let me know what content you added on that page causes the freeze problem.

If the new project/asps file also has this problem, please check whether you have installed the Update 1 for your Visual Studio 2015 first. If not, please download and install it from below link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=49989

If installed, please run your Visual Studio in safe mode with "Deven.exe /SafeMode" command to prevents all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution.

In addition, please check the ActiveLog.xml under the path of %AppData%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0. This file will log all operations when you operate Visual Studio.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, February 22, 2016 4:59 AM