none
how to download "Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel"

Question

• Please help me to download "Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel"

I have tried so many way by using "add reference", but when I looked for this file, I did not find this file

Friday, April 28, 2017 8:00 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Sometimes after installing they will not show up in the list of references. You can use the browse button and traverse to where Interop.Excel was installed.

The following is a sample path which may be different on your computer but it will get you in the right direction.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Visual Studio Tools for Office\PIA\Office15

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Friday, April 28, 2017 8:54 AM
  • Is Excel, or Office installed on your PC?

As far as I know you can only have Interop.Excel with the Excel installation.

Friday, April 28, 2017 8:55 AM
  • Have you visited the Extensions node in the Add Reference dialog too?

Friday, April 28, 2017 11:02 AM
  • Which version of Office do you have installed? The Office PIA are generally installed when Visual Studio is installed. Some of the older versions are downloadable but newer versions are not. See the below links for more info:

Office Primary Interop Assemblies

Microsoft Office 2010: Primary Interop Assemblies Redistributable

BTW, make sure the Embed Interop Types property for your PIA is set to True so that deployment of the interop assemblies is not required and also to enable support for multiple versions of Office.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Friday, April 28, 2017 12:01 PM
  • Hi Muljanto,

There is no need to download Interop assembly from .net, you can just go to add reference and browse to

C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel\15.0.0.0__71e9bce111e9429c for Visual Studio 2015.

Best Regards,

Cherry Bu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 2:46 AM