sample for version 2.1 has error. RRS feed

• Question

• I am learning StreamInsight and following this.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh995352(v=sql.111).aspx

after added the referenced by browsing to build the sample c# code, i've got these errors:

Error    1    The type 'System.Reactive.Linq.IQbservable`1<T0>' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Reactive.Providers, Version=1.0.10621.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.    c:\users\abc\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\ConsoleApplication1\ConsoleApplication1\Program.cs    41    17    ConsoleApplication1

Error    2    The type 'System.Reactive.Concurrency.IScheduler' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Reactive, Version=1.0.10621.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.    c:\users\abc\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\ConsoleApplication1\ConsoleApplication1\Program.cs    58    17    ConsoleApplication1

-- IBM has jobs for USA employee to work oversea (India) and get their wages.

Friday, April 19, 2013 8:51 AM

All replies

• Hi light_wt,

Please make sure you have added the DLLs’ references and namespaces on the following link.

StreamInsight Examples
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj136799(v=sql.111).aspx

Allen Li
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 22, 2013 1:59 AM
  • [Sorry for my English]

I have got the same situation. I want to use Rx (2.1) and StreamInsight (2.1). As I can see there are ambiguous assembles: System.Reactive (v 1.0 and v2.1), System.Reactive.Providers not presented in Rx (2.1).

Is there solution for it or Rx 2.1 and SI 2.1 are not compatible?

Tnx.

Slava.

Thursday, October 3, 2013 3:58 PM
  • StreamInsight uses version 1.0.10621 of the Reactive Extensions. While version 2.1 may work, it's not supported and you'd need to add an assembly redirect into your config file for it to work.

What is it in version 2.1 that you want to use? Is there a reason for this or do you just want to use "the latest version"?

DevBiker (aka J Sawyer)
    Microsoft MVP - Sql Server (StreamInsight)

Ruminations of J.net

If I answered your question, please mark as answer.
    If my post was helpful, please mark as helpful.

Sunday, October 6, 2013 4:40 PM
  • Hi DevBiker, I too was having trouble resolving the references for a sample (http://www.12qw.ch/2013/10/streaminsight-cep-1-introduction-and-resources/ ).

I see you state: "StreamInsight uses version 1.0.10621 of the Reactive Extensions. While version 2.1 may work, it's not supported"

That answer gave me the information I needed to get the sample to compile. Specifically I added references to:

System.Reactive (ver 1.0....)
    System.Reactive.Providers (ver 1.0....)

ONLY (in other words I made sure that I did not have a reference to any newer libraries like System.Reactive.Linq).

I also found the adding Reactive Extensions as a NuGet package messed things up since it installs a newer version (at least on my system).

You may remember that you once worked up a sample and blog post based upon a question I posted here, Thank You Again!

Anyway I have not seen a good post on the net on using StreamInsight 2.1 with Visual Studio 2013 and getting these references correct. Also do you know why the current (2.1) version of Reactive Extensions is not supported with StreamInsight?

Thanks.

Saturday, November 23, 2013 6:02 PM
  • It's not supported because StreamInsight 2.1 was developed against the version of Reactive that was current at the time ... 1.0.10621. Supporting newer versions would involve a pretty significant round of testing.

DevBiker (aka J Sawyer)

Ruminations of J.net

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 3:02 PM
  • In practice,

one can do a search on the web for, Microsoft Reactive Extensions SDK.

Currently, August 2014, that yields a download center url of

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26649

for, Reactive Extensions (Rx) v1.0.10621, the download can be found after the installation in

C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Reactive Extensions SDK\v1.0.10621\Binaries\.NETFramework\v4.0

folder.

Thursday, August 14, 2014 8:00 AM
  • StreamInsight uses version 1.0.10621 of the Reactive Extensions. While version 2.1 may work, it's not supported and you'd need to add an assembly redirect into your config file for it to work.

What is it in version 2.1 that you want to use? Is there a reason for this or do you just want to use "the latest version"?

DevBiker (aka J Sawyer)

Ruminations of J.net

All our existing applications/libraries are using RX 2.0 (which was released back in 2012) so going back to RX 1.0 is not an option for us. Is there plan to update SI with RX 2.0+ any time soon?

I tried binding redirect but it didn't seem to work. I suspect it's because some namespaces e.g. System.Reactive.Interfaces and System.Reactive.Linq have been factored out into separate assemblies in 2.0.

Joseph

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 8:09 PM
  • AFAIK, there's no plan - currently - to update this. I agree, it's painful.

DevBiker (aka J Sawyer)

Ruminations of J.net

Monday, October 27, 2014 2:11 PM