petshop installation problem RRS feed

• Question

• User627014225 posted

Hi fellows,

I am trying to install petshop 3 but getting this error when I run setup downloade from microsoft site :

Hi sir,

I have downloaded petshop setup from Microsoft site but When i run setup , I get following error message dailouge box:

---------------------------
    Database 1

Password validation failed. The password does not meet Windows policy requirements because it is not complex enough.

'mspetshop' is not a valid login or you do not have permission.

User or role 'mspetshop' does not exist in this database.

OK  

Thanks for your time

Regards,

Asif Hameed

Friday, November 14, 2008 12:29 PM

Answers

• User-1136466523 posted

Hi,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

Based on the error message you provided, for the first error message, it seems that the password you set is too simple and it does not meet Windows policy requirements. Second, the mspetshop username does not have the permission to connect to the database, you need to make sure that if you have configured the account and grant the privilege to that account.

<o:p> </o:p>

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 11:28 AM

All replies

• User-1136466523 posted

Hi,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

Based on the error message you provided, for the first error message, it seems that the password you set is too simple and it does not meet Windows policy requirements. Second, the mspetshop username does not have the permission to connect to the database, you need to make sure that if you have configured the account and grant the privilege to that account.

<o:p> </o:p>

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 11:28 AM
  • User-888508429 posted

The installer for PetShop 3 is a bit buggy. I eventually got it to install by following these steps:

Make sure neither MSPetShop nor MSPetShopOrders databases exist (drop if they do). A previouse failed installation does not always remove one or both of these databases.

Restart these services: SQL Server, IIS Admin, Windows Installer – this step is probably not required but I did it anyway.

Create 2 SQL logins: mspetshop and mspetshoporders
    SQL Authentication, No password, No password policy and sysadmin server role.

Run the installer – it should install with no errors.

Remove the sysadmin server role from mspetshop and mspetshoporders logins. If you are paranoid about security either add passwords or delete the logins, but I am not certain if this will affect the PetShop app.

** Warning: Having logins with sysadmin permissions and no passwords is extremely risky.

Thursday, November 4, 2010 6:10 AM