none
Issues with filtered views in OL 2010 when used on a folder with a custom form RRS feed

• General discussion

• There is an issue around this whole area of custom views, which applies only to OL 2010.  For some users only, when we filter a view by “email is not empty”, OL 2010 keeps redrawing the screen and does not display the correct view.  This seems to apply to any filter which contains the condition “Is not empty”, and is only specific to OL 2010, and where there is a custom form applied to the folder.  We tested this by downgrading one client to Office 2007, and this was not an issue. 

Is there any hotfix which can be applied to redress this?  Or would it be something to do with our Custom Form for OL 2010?  We only have this issue with some users - not all

Cathy Allington You Grow Pty Ltd

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 6:57 AM

All replies

• What's different between those users and ones where it doesn't happen?

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 1:39 PM
  • Hi Ken:

Sorry to take so long to respond - I couldn't, as they website would not register my "Reply"!!!  Now trying from a client's computer, and all good!!

There appears to be no difference from what I can see with any of the users, except to say that the only times I see this is within an Exchange situation - but not all Exchange situations.  The problem appears to be filtering on any field where the condition "Is not empty".  The workaround has been to change the filter to something obscure such as "Email" does not contain "ZZZZZ".  Then the filters work - but it does not like "Is not empty". 

This has been driving me crazy, and can only think it must be a bug of some sort - as with the client we downgraded, it was no longer an issue

Cathy Allington You Grow Pty Ltd

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 5:09 AM
  • Unless there's something reproducible I can't really file a bug on this with the product group. You'd need to isolate whatever is different among your clients where the problem occurs, then I can file something. Otherwise it's just another "thing" that happens depending on the phases of the moon <g>

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 1:13 PM