none
Connected stanby in Win8.0 and Device.Location RRS feed

• Question

• We have several tablets with Windows 8.0. All tablets have a GPS module. How can I create an application for tablets which will get location from GPS every half of a minute and save it or send through the network? The problem is with connection stanby mode: when it is active - my service executes once in 2-3 minutes instead of per half of a minute, and location data is recived rarerly than it is needed. Also I need to hold a GPS module turned on in standby mode for acquiring faster location. How can I make it?
    Wednesday, November 26, 2014 1:11 PM

All replies

• Hello ,

>>How can I create an application for tablets which will get location from GPS every half of a minute and save it or send through the network?

Will your tablets support the .NET Framework? If it supports, then you could have a check the System.Device.Location API which allows application developers to easily access the computer's location.

For how to use it, you could post a code demo request to:

https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/site/requests

If you ask for it on this forum, I am afraid this beyond the scope of our support.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, November 27, 2014 6:39 AM
  • Thanks. I already use System.Device.Location API. But I gather as less points than I need. I think it's because tablet most time is in connected standby mode and GPS sensor didn't work or my service did not receive the PositionChanged event because it paused.
    Advise me forum where I can get help about holding GPS sensor turned on in connected standby mode. Or how to wake up tablet standby mode every minute? Or, maybe another solution to gathering enough number of points to draw actual track.
    Thursday, November 27, 2014 7:34 AM
  • Hello,

Since you use the .NET libraries, you coudl completely send a code request to as Fred mentions:

https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/site/requests

There, microsoft experts would provide a demo for you.

Friday, December 5, 2014 9:49 AM