ECG and other waveform data records RRS feed

• Question

• How does one store ECG and other wave data records in health vault.  Is DICOM the preferred format? HL7? SCP? something else? not supported?

I am hoping that a PDF report is not the only option.
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 5:28 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This definitely looks like a possible candidate for a new data type.

For further looking into this I would need some detailed information about the significance and the expected data elements etc. Can you please drop me a mail at v-and@microsoft.com so that we can discuss it further?

Thanks and Regards,
    Aneesh D.
    Saturday, February 27, 2010 1:50 AM

All replies

• Hello,

As per my understanding there is no exact data type in HealthVault to support wave data. Still the DICOM waveforms seems to be a good option. We have a data type to support the DICOM images (Medical Image Study ). I will check with our team internally to get more information on this and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards,
    Aneesh D.
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 8:23 PM
  • Hello,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This definitely looks like a possible candidate for a new data type.

For further looking into this I would need some detailed information about the significance and the expected data elements etc. Can you please drop me a mail at v-and@microsoft.com so that we can discuss it further?

Thanks and Regards,
    Aneesh D.
    Saturday, February 27, 2010 1:50 AM
  • Also-- take a look at our other forum, the Data Types forum: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/HealthVaultDataTypes/threads.  Data type requests and questions may be even better over on that side of the fence.
    Friday, March 5, 2010 7:26 PM