none
Can't create a web service in Azure because it doesn't think I have a storage account

Question

• I am unable to upload a WCF service (package).

Steps:

New->Cloud service (classic)

Storage account (Configure required settings)

"No storage accounts found in the selected subscription and location 'Australia Southeast'."

But I did create a storage account in that location! Why doesn't it see it?

I am currently using the free trial subscription and would like to see how easy/difficult it is to deploy WCF services.

Thanks.

Thursday, October 20, 2016 3:18 PM

All replies

• Hello Aylmer,

Thank you for posting here! We are happy to assist to you.

I think the issue is with the location i.e. 'Australia Southeast'.

For now, the provided location 'Australia Southeast' is not permitted for this resource provider 'Microsoft.ClassicStorage/storageAccounts'.

You can fetch the supported location by using the following cmdlets:

PS C:> Get-AzureLocation | Where-Object Name -EQ'Microsoft.ClassicStorage/storageAccounts'

The supported locations for the storage accounts are as follows:

East Asia, Southeast Asia, East US, East US 2, West US, North Central US, South Central US, Central US, North Europe, West Europe, Japan East, Japan West, Brazil South

For more information, please refer this http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn654582.aspx.

For complete information on Azure Storage account; Click here

Regards,
    Sumanth BM

Thursday, October 20, 2016 7:03 PM
  • It still does not work:

No storage accounts found in the selected subscription and location 'Japan East'.

I created a cloud service and storage account both in Japan East, but I still get the same type of error. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Please advise. Thanks!

Friday, October 21, 2016 1:11 AM
  • I had to deploy it via Visual Studio to make it work. It created some sort of classic storage for me, which is different than what the Azure portal did..
    Friday, October 21, 2016 1:47 AM
  • The original storage account you created was probably a Resource Manager storage account. Be sure to create a Classic storage account -- this can be specified on the blade in the portal for creating a storage account.

Cloud Services only work with classic storage accounts, and would not list Resource Manager storage accounts.

Robin

Sr. Content Developer at Microsoft

Friday, October 28, 2016 6:04 AM