Trigger mail to approvers based on the view name of the list using sharepoint designer workflow 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a SPD workflow attached to a list that triggers on item adding event. When a new item is added an email will be sent to approvers(some group).

But I do not want the workflow to send mail always. List is having different views. Mail should be sent based on the selected viewname of the list.

Is it possible?

Thanks,

Shinoj

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 7:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I understand that you want to send email based on current view when an Approval workflow starts. As far as I know there is no OOTB way to send an email based on view name.

I SharePoint Designer, you can add a condition before the send email action. Like ‘if current Item: created by equals xxx’ then send email to xxx group. In this way you can control which user you want to send the email to some group, else send email to other groups. This condition is based on the filtered used in each view you created. If there is not a condition to identity each view, you will need to add custom code get the current URL and  send the email.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

Entan Ming

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 8, 2012 3:18 AM