locked
ReportViewer gives JS error: 0x800a139e 'DocMapUpdatePanelId' is not a property or an existing field. RRS feed

  • Question

  • User-726785505 posted

    Well, what I ran into makes no sense.  Yesterday I was viewing the report form within my web site just fine.  Today I tried to change it to an embedded report, and I started getting crazy errors, like this:

    "0x800a139e - JavaScript runtime error: Sys.InvalidOperationException: 'DocMapUpdatePanelId' is not a property or an existing field."

    So, I reverted all of my changes...and...yep, the error message still exists.  I've gone as far as removing the entire folder from my local drive and getting a fresh copy from VSO.

    Same error.

    I am not the only one with this EXACT error:

    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39385949/rdlc-reportviewer-fails

    Any help would be appreciated.  

    Wednesday, November 16, 2016 5:51 PM

Answers

  • User-726785505 posted

    I have an answer, but I have no explanation as to why this worked Wednesday but not on Thursday.  The project in which I added my report viewer had an existing reference to an older report viewer.  I really can't believe it didn't result in some more specific error.

    The reason the other add worked is that it has resourceType=Unspecified.  So the real solution for me was to change my handler to this:

    <add name="ReportViewerWebControlHandler" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="*" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler" resourceType="Unspecified"/>

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, November 21, 2016 5:13 PM

All replies

  • User-846834550 posted

    try reverting web site to previous state, perhaps it hepls https://forums.asp.net/t/2041066.aspx 

    Friday, November 18, 2016 3:11 AM
  • User-726785505 posted

    Thank you for the information.  

    Unfortunately I did not upgrade report builder/viewer between the time that it worked and when it stopped working.  However, I'm going to try un/reinstalling and see if it helps.  I'll report back once I have tried this.

    Monday, November 21, 2016 3:35 PM
  • User-726785505 posted

    Based on this link:

    https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/28378305/Unable-to-use-ReportViewer-in-asp-net-web-forms-application.html

    I followed this other link to what worked for me:

    http://otkfounder.blogspot.com/2007/11/solving-reportviewer-rendering-issue-on.html

    The solution was to add this to the web.confg system.webServer.Handlers:

    <add name="Reserved-ReportViewerWebControl-axd" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" verb="*" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler" resourceType="Unspecified" />

    I do not understand why I have to do this because last Wednesday my report worked just fine without it.  I am not going to mark this as answered until I have a real answer from someone.

    Monday, November 21, 2016 4:58 PM
  • User-726785505 posted

    I have an answer, but I have no explanation as to why this worked Wednesday but not on Thursday.  The project in which I added my report viewer had an existing reference to an older report viewer.  I really can't believe it didn't result in some more specific error.

    The reason the other add worked is that it has resourceType=Unspecified.  So the real solution for me was to change my handler to this:

    <add name="ReportViewerWebControlHandler" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="*" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler" resourceType="Unspecified"/>

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, November 21, 2016 5:13 PM