Added AdGroups not immediately available? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to call AddAdGroups and then call GetAdGroupsByIds with the ids returned by the add call, in order to record the ad groups in the exact form that they've been added to AdCenter. But every time I try to do this, I get error 1201 in the GetAdGroupsByIds response ("The AdGroup ID is invalid.") Is there something special that needs to be done to make an ad group available, or a time delay or something? I did notice that the ad group gets added in Draft state, but I didn't think this would make it inaccessible to the API. I'm using this same protocol with campaigns (add then get immediately) and it's working fine.
    Friday, May 16, 2008 8:56 PM

All replies

• Do they show up over time? If not, then the original add may have been a silent failure that we would need to take a look at via a support ticket.

Jeff Dillon, API Support

Sunday, May 18, 2008 9:39 PM
  • I can see the ad group immediately on the AdCenter website. If I pause immediately after I add the ad group, and manually check it on the AdCenter site, it's there, but when I resume and call GetAdGroups it still fails.
    Wednesday, May 21, 2008 6:41 PM
  • Hi Tegan,

Thank you for using the forum. This issue will require some specific information from you that is better handled via a support ticket. Please contact the support team or your account rep if you haven't already.

-Chris

Friday, May 23, 2008 4:14 PM