Custom Tool: VS 2012 - Unsure of capabilities a extension has. RRS feed

• Question

• I am creating a Custom Tool extension for VS2012 and I need it to do 2 things that I am not sure if I am allowed or it is capable of doing (have permissions).

1.  I need to be able to call an external web service on a remote server and log user in to my system for authentication. 

2.  I also need to be able to take the current project they have open and bundle (.zip) it up and upload it to my server.  

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 12:19 PM

Answers

• You are able to do this with Visual Studio 2010 (currently doing this in pro context). I managed to migrate it to vs2012 without any problems.

Now, we have an extension that is not public, so we don't need to know if this is allowed or not (moreover, this is the user that accept to send the project)

• Edited by Mathias Herbaux Wednesday, September 5, 2012 1:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ego Jiang Wednesday, September 12, 2012 2:28 AM
    Wednesday, September 5, 2012 1:19 PM

All replies

• Do you find a TFS?

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 8:16 AM
  • Not sure how this applies to my question?
    Wednesday, September 5, 2012 12:40 PM
  • You are able to do this with Visual Studio 2010 (currently doing this in pro context). I managed to migrate it to vs2012 without any problems.

Now, we have an extension that is not public, so we don't need to know if this is allowed or not (moreover, this is the user that accept to send the project)

• Edited by Mathias Herbaux Wednesday, September 5, 2012 1:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ego Jiang Wednesday, September 12, 2012 2:28 AM
    Wednesday, September 5, 2012 1:19 PM