none
Two driver issus ,need help. RRS feed

• Question

• I install the WSE 7 X64 runtime with full install opition

First ,an undiscoverd device ,  named "CompositeBus" ,and I found it in the  \DS\Packages\Driver\ amd64XXX... \WinEmb-INF-compositebus.cab.

I extract it to a directory and try to update it by manual ,but the system shows this driver doesn't sigh and wont"t install sucess

Second, the latest nvidia drivers won't install ,

I coule install the nvidia driver by manual update,but this way will not install nvidia control panel , how to install latest nvidia drivers with control panel ?

I need help with these problem ,Thanks.

I used nvidia 8800GT and Intel DP35DP mainboard

Monday, February 28, 2011 4:15 AM

Answers

• The missing driver is the Component Bus Enumerator Driver package. Sometimes importing the PMQ files doesn't pick up this in-box non-core driver.

Can you run the full installer NVIDIA package to get the driver and the applications?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    • Marked as answer by netcap Wednesday, March 2, 2011 4:33 AM
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 8:47 PM
  • If you want to add one of our packages (cabs) to a runtime it's best to use DISM (runtime utility). To avoid errors, create a config set in ICE with the packages you want, and then use DISM to install it. ICE has help documentation for this.

If you want to fix this issue during installation, then you have to use IBW with an unattend created in ICE. Unfortunately, the automapping feature in IBW is limited by the underlying OS (WinPE is on the boot dvd). In this case it's not detecting the compositebus device, and IBW doesn't allow you to add the driver package manually. There are a number of ways to get the drivers you need on the runtime. Do you care about image size? If not you can add all the drivers we have. Go into ICE, and add all the feature and driver packages to an unattend and save. Use that unattend with IBW to install on the runtime. If you want only the drivers that match your devices then we need to use tap.exe (in the embtools folder). The best way is to work backwords. Create an image with all the drivers and feature packages. After installation, run tap.exe on the runtime. That will give you a .pmq file. Open ICE again, and create a new unattend. Import the .pmq, and that will give you the exact drivers you need on the image. Then you can add the feature sets you want, and you'll have an image with the exact features and drivers you need.

As far as the Nvdia driver installation goes, I'm wondering if it's failing because it doesn't want to install on a OS it doesn't recognize. Although, I'd expect an error message for that.

Brent
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 11:14 PM

All replies

• The missing driver is the Component Bus Enumerator Driver package. Sometimes importing the PMQ files doesn't pick up this in-box non-core driver.

Can you run the full installer NVIDIA package to get the driver and the applications?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 8:47 PM
  • If you want to add one of our packages (cabs) to a runtime it's best to use DISM (runtime utility). To avoid errors, create a config set in ICE with the packages you want, and then use DISM to install it. ICE has help documentation for this.

If you want to fix this issue during installation, then you have to use IBW with an unattend created in ICE. Unfortunately, the automapping feature in IBW is limited by the underlying OS (WinPE is on the boot dvd). In this case it's not detecting the compositebus device, and IBW doesn't allow you to add the driver package manually. There are a number of ways to get the drivers you need on the runtime. Do you care about image size? If not you can add all the drivers we have. Go into ICE, and add all the feature and driver packages to an unattend and save. Use that unattend with IBW to install on the runtime. If you want only the drivers that match your devices then we need to use tap.exe (in the embtools folder). The best way is to work backwords. Create an image with all the drivers and feature packages. After installation, run tap.exe on the runtime. That will give you a .pmq file. Open ICE again, and create a new unattend. Import the .pmq, and that will give you the exact drivers you need on the image. Then you can add the feature sets you want, and you'll have an image with the exact features and drivers you need.

As far as the Nvdia driver installation goes, I'm wondering if it's failing because it doesn't want to install on a OS it doesn't recognize. Although, I'd expect an error message for that.

Brent
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 11:14 PM
  • Thanks for all of your help! It's quite useful~~

I resolve the problem about compositebus by your methods, It workes well ~~

about the NVIDIA control panel , this problem only Occurred on the fresh install WES 7 without any patchs ,The nvidia installer can extracted all the part of files, but won't install any part of driver by that installer ,I could manual update drivers use device manager , also i could install physx and 3dvision part by manual , the driver is ok ,but there is no nv control pannel ~~

last days I try to update hotfix ,when I update all the fix ,the NV installer could install ~~

Thanks again!

netcap

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 4:34 AM