【TFS2013】How to migrate the old project's code informations into a new project? RRS feed

• Question

• I upgraded TFS2013 from TFS2012 and noticed that there are couples of old projects' process  template and sharepoint portal cann't  be upgraded into tfs2013's ,because these projects maybe use TFS2008 or TFS2010's process template,and I don't know what's the name of these old projects' process template,just like following pics.

When I look into these projects in the TFS2012 environment,there are the sanme problems,I don't know how to fix them,and get a idea that I can migrate the normal parts of the projects into new tfs2013 projects environment.

So How can I to migate the old projects' code information into a new TFS2013 project  in a TFS2013 environment?

• Edited by springcolor Tuesday, November 10, 2015 2:12 AM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 2:11 AM

Answers

• Hi, springcolor

About those old projects which using MSF v4.2 process template, you can update them manually.

This link may help you: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff452591(v=vs.120).aspx

follow these steps in the link, you can successfully migrate the old projects to TFS 2013?

1)Rename system fields

2)(Agile only) Rename Scenario to User Story

3)Download the latest version of MSF process template

4)Import link types

5)(Optional) Apply as needed customizations

6)Import work item types

7)Import the category file

8)Import the process configuration files

9)Verify access to new features

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 6:38 AM