creating an MMC snap-in RRS feed

• Question

• I am having trouble getting started on this one.  I read and am using the MS tutorial at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms692759%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

development platform: Windows 7 32 bit, c# Express Edition, SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1, c# project is targeting .net 3.5

basically it looks like I am missing an assembly or reference but the tutorial is a cut and paste deal and I cut and pasted the complete code section as a whole and the references were in there so I am lost.

line with error:

public class InstallUtilSupport : SnapInInstaller
      {
      }

Error: Error    2    The type or namespace name 'SnapInInstaller' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\mf9871\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\mmc-hello\mmc-hello\Class1.cs    13    39    mmc-hello

and of course the errors continue from that.

***reason for MMC......need to port code that should not have been written as an mmc...fun***

???????

countryStyle

Monday, July 11, 2011 2:03 PM

Answers

• Hi CountryStyle,

Sorry that I did not notice that you are using Windows 7.
    For Windows 7, the MMC component has been integrated with the system by default, you can click "Start", input "mmc" and "Enter" to open it.
    The Microsoft.managementConsole.dll assembly file can be found in this directory:
    C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\mmc\v3.0

Or you can directly input the file name to search it in the file explorer.

Have a nice day,
    Leo Liu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, July 14, 2011 3:42 AM

All replies