none
Shared calendar behavior is different when using MAPI / OOM properties RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Outlook Add-in developed.

I got get rid of MAPI properties and used OOM properties.

Using my Add-in APIs, I am creating an appointment in other user's calendar to which I have Editor access. I have an application to do this. This opens up the Outlook inspector window for a new appointment with my Add-in's task pane in the right side of the inspector window.

In Outlook, the Shared Calendar of the other person is not open but I have access to other person's calendar, i.e. the shared calendar is not opened up in the Calendar view of Outlook.

With this setting, my Add-in was displaying the task-pane before making the changes to the properties - when Add-in used MAPI properties.

After moving to OOM properties, with the above mentioned calendar setting, my add-in is not showing up the task pane.

If I open up the shared calendar in Outlook's Calendar view everything works fine.

What is the difference here? The only thing that is changed in the code is MAPI to OOM properties.

Is there a behavior change in the OOM properties?

Friday, May 4, 2018 8:58 AM

All replies

• You'd need to be a lot more specific than that - "my add-in is not showing up the task pane.". What does that mean? Is there a particular OOM call that fails and prevents your addin from displaying the task pane?

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

Friday, May 4, 2018 1:41 PM
  • Hello Saranya,

Did you try to debug the code? Do you get any exceptions in the code after moving to OOM?

Looks like you have got an exception in the code, so it prevents the pane from displaying. Am I right?

What code exactly do you use on top of MAPI and OOM?

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Sunday, May 6, 2018 8:45 PM