Microsoft Windows Simulator Simultaneous Remote Desktop Connection

Question

• Hi guys,

I just like to ask some question about the Microsoft Windows Simluator.

I dissected the codes of your simulator because I am looking for a way to make the Metro 8 Start window respond with drag even if using the mouse. 

I found an interesting piece of code which the Simulator is actually connected through RDP but running simultaneously in the same user account. I did not understand some because I cannot find the ".Server" property name every where (nice coding though) I wrote an app way back before, it's called Multi Remote Desktop Client .NET, so I know some stuff in mstscax.dll

How do you replicate the same behaviour even if using the standard Remote Desktop client? 

The goal of this is just an educational information how you done it.

Best to all

Jayson

Thursday, June 21, 2012 9:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Jayson,

I might be able to get these details but just a clarification question - are you wondering how VS 2012 creates the terminal server connection without setting the .server property to something like "localhost"?

much appreciated,

mike

Friday, June 22, 2012 8:46 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Yes exactly. How did it connect without setting the .Server property? and being connected to the same account without getting logged out (as usual if you connect to your machine using your account). 

I can work on my account and the simulator is connected to the same account as mine and I can work simultaneously. Is this behavior only works for Windows 8?

Best,

Jayson 

:)

Sunday, June 24, 2012 1:46 AM