Issue with missing Publisher Identity in WP package.appxmanifest after exporting from Construct 2

Question

• Hello guys, 

I am newbie in development for Windows and Windows Phone. I'd like to make a game, so I try Construct 2 as pretty game engine. Everything was fine, game was created so I've tried export it to WIndows and Windows Phone. So I decided to do that ass the universal app.

After this procedure I have had to create a test Publiher identity in package.appxmanifest in Windows version. I though the Windows Phone appxmanifest will be synchronized but it is and I am not able to edit or add the same Publisher identity I created for Windows version.

Could you please help me? Thank you a lot

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 8:50 AM

Answers

• For your development purpose, you can generate a test certificate by choosing the "Choose Certificate" --> "Create Certificate" option. When you are at a point of "Publishing" your app to the Store, you will need to "Associate" your app with the Store. At that point, you will reserve your app name once and then associate your Windows Store app with that name to update the Publisher information. Consequently, you will then need to do the same steps for the Windows Phone app and have it associate with the same name. At that point of time, both the package.appxmanifest files will have the same Publisher information.

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 11:44 PM