none
Does Kinect v2 for Windows SDK provides heart rate and Muscles tracking ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I know SDK 2.0 public preview does not support Heart rate and Muscles tracking but in Xbox one case it does, i was wondering if the same Kinect for windows provide the same features like Xbox one does in future SDK.

just making sure the hardware support such features.

Monday, September 15, 2014 4:36 PM

Answers

All replies

• Muscle-Man and heartrate detection are technologies that are built on top the base Kinect SDK data. What had been demonstrated was tech created for specific Xbox titles and not something that is part of the Kinect SDK's for Xbox or Windows.

We are working with the teams to see if we can make that tech available. As for heartrate, you can find more information on this thread:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8f2ad52c-e068-49dd-91f8-e95aa7a931ee/heart-rate-sensor?forum=kinectv2sdk

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, September 15, 2014 9:20 PM
  • Hi any prevision on release date to access muscles and force data from kinect ?  I'm developing a fitness application and i woulld like to know if i can implement those features in future within my application.

Thank you very much in advance for interest.

Friday, October 3, 2014 12:03 PM
  • Hi any prevision on release date to access muscles and force data from kinect ?  I'm developing a fitness application and i woulld like to know if i can implement those features in future within my application.

Same here, I am trying to develop an exercise program that would measure heart rate, force production, joint angles, etc. I feel a bit mislead that these features were shown for a long time now but are not part of the SDK.
    Tuesday, November 18, 2014 10:45 PM
  • So we built the heart rate code using the paper sited by Carmine. Need to do improvements but it works within 2-3 bpm of other options. We will be incorporating it into the code base for our exercise project. Hope to start working on our own muscle man code here in another month or two..

Physmodo

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 7:35 PM

Same here, I am trying to develop an exercise program that would measure heart rate, force production, joint angles, etc. I feel a bit mislead that these features were shown for a long time now but are not part of the SDK.
    I feel the exact same way. I thought Heart Rate monitor was supported but now am having to try and build one from scratch
    Sunday, December 7, 2014 9:16 AM
  • Hello Physmodo, I am looking for the exact same thing. Would you be willing to share your heart rate code? I am unable to locate any samples online.

Thanks

• Edited by RegularMoss Wednesday, February 4, 2015 6:30 AM
    Wednesday, February 4, 2015 6:29 AM
  • Muscle-Man and heartrate detection are technologies that are built on top the base Kinect SDK data. What had been demonstrated was tech created for specific Xbox titles and not something that is part of the Kinect SDK's for Xbox or Windows.

We are working with the teams to see if we can make that tech available. As for heartrate, you can find more information on this thread:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8f2ad52c-e068-49dd-91f8-e95aa7a931ee/heart-rate-sensor?forum=kinectv2sdk

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Any update on the Muscle + Force demo becoming open source?
    Saturday, June 20, 2015 4:46 PM
  • Hi Carmine, I am working with the University of Georgia and would like to contact you. May I have your email address? 
    Tuesday, September 15, 2015 1:44 AM
  • Hi Carmine,

are there are any updates on the availability of the heart rate detection feature?

Please and thank you. 

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 10:47 AM