none
Behaviours SDK in Visual Studio 2015

Question

• I have a project created in vs2013, using mvvmcross 3.5.1. I recently upgrded the solution to Mvvmcross 4 

My windows project still targets windows phone 8.1. I am now running vs2015 and app was building fine no problem before the mvvm updgrade. Now im getting errors where it is saying the following 

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error CS0246 WThe type or namespace name 'IBehavior' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [App].Windows.WindowsPhone 14 Active  

Now before i use to go into my extensions and say apply these to those projects when major changes happened but i cannot find the Behaviours SDK on the visual studio extension and updates tool? where can i find the sdk ? or if it is now built into VS2015 has the namespace changed? 

Thursday, February 18, 2016 8:26 AM

Answers

• Hi Barry,

According to your description, I create a sample Windows Phone 8.1 app with mvvmcross 3.5.1 and it build fine in VS2013.

Then I open this app with VS2015 and upgrade the mvvmcross to 4.0 and then build it. I get a similar error message is "The type or namespace name 'Core' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)".

Then I uninstall all mvvmcross related and then re-install the latest version of mvvmcross 4.0 from NuGet Package Manager. After reinstalling, my app can be built successful.

So the real reason is not the Behavior SDK. It is caused by the mvvmcross upgrade. Please uninstall and reinstall it again to check whether it can be fixed.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Friday, February 19, 2016 6:16 AM