moving expression web files while maintaining links to dynamic web templates... RRS feed

• Question

• I am working with expression web 4.0 on a web site on a computer at home.  It uses dynamic web templates.
    How do I incorporate the web site on my hard disk at home as a part of my large web site at work while still maintaining all of the information (dynamic web templates,...)?
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 6:06 PM

All replies

• Publish down a complete copy of your hosted site and make sure that you publish down before working on the site every time whether at home or work so you always have the current version.
    Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 6:08 PM
  • "How do I incorporate the web site on my hard disk at home as a part of my large web site at work ..."

If you mean you are working on a small section of a large site, and the site uses DWTs, you need a copy of the DWT(s) that apply to the pages you are working on.  Those may be published on the hosted site so you can grab a copy, or they may not be. (They don't need to be - DWT information is blended with the page prior to publishing.)  Of course, if the DWT is ever changed, you need to get that updated copy, and update all your pages with it and republish them.  The same applies to any CSS and image files that are used on the whole site and are referenced in the DWTs.  Make sure your directory structure mirrors the one on your hosted site: put the DWT and CSS and image files in the same locations they are on the hosted site, even if all your work is in a directory below the main site.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 7:47 PM