none
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 for Windows 7, Vista, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB2770445) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there everyone.
    I'm new to this forum and I have, so I have no clue if I have created this thread with the correct info and since I'm a tight Schedule here I can't afford to inform myself about the rules for now, but I will in due time...

So.. since I've installed Visual Studio 2012 express edition, I've been having the so called update described on the title of this thread, which is quite common.

However, every 10 ~ 20 minutes I get asked to apply the same update over and over again... I've checked the state of the update and it has always been successful, now I don't really know why this is happening, but I have restored my machine twice already in order to fix this issue and it's not working...

There hasn't been any info on the web that I could hang on to, so I decided to come to the source, which led me here.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Monday, November 25, 2013 4:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

About your question, first I suggest update your OS to latest.

Then try to use the tool below to repair the registry for installing update 4.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/program_install_and_uninstall/en-us

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 6:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you install update 4 for VS 2012 Express?

If you not, you could download it from the website.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39305

If you have installed it, please share more information about your VS. You could do these:

"Help"->"About Microsoft Visual Studio"->"Copy Info"

It will be better if you can share some screenshots about the issue. If you can’t upload image, you could upload the image to https://skydrive.live.com/and share the link here.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 5:51 AM
  • Ok, I've installed update 4 VS 2012 Express, but it still hasn't fixed the problem.

Here's the info on VS Express 2012:

Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop
    Version 11.0.61030.00 Update 4
    Microsoft .NET Framework
    Version 4.5.50709

Installed Version: Desktop Express

Team Explorer for Visual Studio 2012   05695-004-0022003-02207
    Microsoft Team Explorer for Visual Studio 2012

Visual Basic 2012   05695-004-0022003-02207
    Microsoft Visual Basic 2012

Visual C# 2012   05695-004-0022003-02207
    Microsoft Visual C# 2012

Visual C++ 2012   05695-004-0022003-02207
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2012

NuGet Package Manager   2.6.40627.9000
    NuGet Package Manager in Visual Studio. For more information about NuGet, visit http://docs.nuget.org/.

SQL Server Data Tools   11.1.20828.01
    Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 1:17 PM
  • Hi,

Base on the message, you have installed  update 4.

I suggest you disable "Automatically check for updates".

"Tools"->"Options"->"Environment"->"Extensions and Updates"->"Automatically check for updates"

Regards.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 6:10 AM
  • Hi,

Base on the message, you have installed  update 4.

I suggest you disable "Automatically check for updates".

"Tools"->"Options"->"Environment"->"Extensions and Updates"->"Automatically check for updates"

Regards.

Hello again!

Your solution worked but for one day only...

I had an issue with another program on the computer and I had to restore it to a previous date entry point, where in this point Visual Studio wasn't installed.

I fixed the issue with the program, but now I'm getting the same problem with the sistematic update of KB2770445... I installed visual studio 2012 express and deactivated the automatic updates on it again, but no dice...

I tried reinstalled Update 4 Visual Studio 2012 Express and I have a problem I thought i was gone...

The setup splash screen appears and vanishes right after... I have no idea why this is happening.

I urgently need to fix this problem as I have to import data from the old computer to the new one really really soon and I seriously don't want to recover the computer from scratch again ....

Friday, November 29, 2013 1:05 PM
  • Hi,

About your question, first I suggest update your OS to latest.

Then try to use the tool below to repair the registry for installing update 4.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/program_install_and_uninstall/en-us

Regards.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 6:39 AM