none
VLOOKUP function in Excel VBA has worked for years. Doesn't now. RRS feed

• Question

• Okay, the weird part here is that it still works on every other previously entered formula, however, I added a new row and copied down the formulas from the row above.  Only the new row doesn't work. Nothing else has changed (except for a new update from Microsoft).  Any ideas as to how this could happen?

I'd copy the code in, but it really makes no difference.  As I said, nothing changed at all in the spreadsheet with the exception of adding a new row.

Thanks in advance for any discussion on this...

Vinny

Vinny

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 5:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Vpp1253,

you said that its not working in new row.

put the break point on function and try to add the function in new row.

check whether it go to that function or not.

if it is taking you to that function then try to debug it step by step and check the result.

also try to perform the same action on old row and check the difference between them.

it is possible that something get corrupted in the workbook which cause this issue.

try to copy code and data to new workbook and try to use and check whether the issue is solved or not.

you had just mentioned that it is not working.

did it gave you any error? or message? if yes, let us know about that. it can help us to better understand the issue and solve the issue.

other thing you did not post the code, if you post the code then we can try to make a test with it on our side to check the issue.

also let us know , which Excel version you are using and which specific update you had installed.

you can also post your Excel Workbook with dummy data in it. we will try to make a test with it.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 10, 2017 1:21 AM
  • Hi,

Could you provide your code and insert a screenshot (Excel sheet)?
    I cannot say nothing from what you mentioned.

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Thursday, August 10, 2017 5:37 AM
  • Hi Vpp1253,

I can see that after posting the issue , you did not follow up this thread.

is your issue is solved?

if yes, I suggest you to post the solution and mark it as an answer.

if no , try to refer the suggestion given by the community members.

if you have any further questions then let us know about that.

so that we can try to provide further suggestions.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 18, 2017 7:03 AM
  • I'm not sure what happened or why, but I changed a couple of rows around and now it works.  Thanks for trying folks!  This can be considered as closed...

Vinny

Vinny

Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:54 PM
  • Hi Vpp1253,

I can see that your issue is solved now.

I suggest you to mark your last post as an answer.

so that we can close this thread.

until you mark the answer, we are not able to close this thread and it will remain open.

it will also help other community members, who will have same kind of issues in future.

thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Friday, September 22, 2017 12:37 AM