none
virtual shopping mall using kinect RRS feed

• Question

• i have bought kinect. and checked all the examples.

I have choosen a virtual shopping mall as my final year project.

It will have a complete 3d building when the user will enter and move , a simple avator will be shown in that mall and there will be multiple shops and products. the products will also be in 3d mode , like clothes etc.

user will select the products in the mall by entering in different shops and in final it will go to counter and check out the product.

the movement of the user around the mall will be made using foots up down only.

and the shopkeepers can easily add and delete their things having their own managment system.

is it okay for a final year project also and can be made using kinect ? , i think game engine will be required in it.

Waiting for your response.

thanks

Thank You , Shan Ali Khan

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:53 AM

All replies

• In my opinion it is great idea, maybe you should get to know Unity Framework.

Are you going to make this project open source and use GitHub for example? Would be nice to contribute.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 11:40 AM
  • Can you tell me step by step process in short. as i have not worked in graphics or 3d modeling before.

I have to created 3d Model of mall using MAYA ? what i have to do after that model creation.

what do the unity framework do?

thanks

Thank You , Shan Ali Khan

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 2:26 PM
  • You can go to this site for references Unity | Develop Kinect

or find this video tutorial. pretty much straightforward as a start video tutorial

absolutely, you need to create your own 3d model but bear in mind that all the limbs must be separated. so that you cna link it to the joints recognized by kinect sensor. perhaps you can add some juice to it by using cloth physics and make the clothes move like real.

Friday, May 17, 2013 10:47 AM