none
Can you run a .Net Core 2.0 website and a standard .Net Framework website on the same Web Server? RRS feed

• Question

• All:

I've been asked to deploy a .Net Core 2.0 web application to an on-premise web server that is hosting standard .Net framework sites. It's a windows server with IIS. I need to install the .NEt Core Windows Server Hosting Bundle on the server, and I'm concerning about the core runtime, libraries, and module negatively affecting the standard .Net framework sites. Can you run both frameworks on the same web server with issues?

Thanks in advance.

Mark L Cole

• Moved by Sheethal J S Wednesday, April 11, 2018 5:38 AM Best Suited Here
    Tuesday, April 10, 2018 8:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Yes, you can.

ASP.NET Core is an open-source, cross-platform framework for building modern, cloud-based web apps on Windows, macOS, or Linux.

ASP.NET is a mature framework that provides all the services needed to build enterprise-class, server-based web apps on Windows.

.NET Framework installations are machine-global. e.g. if you update a machine from .NET Framework 4.5.2 to .NET Framework 4.6, all .NET Framework apps on the machine now run on 4.6.

.NET Core installations are completely independent from the version of .NET Framework. In fact, you can actually install multiple version of .NET Core side-by-side on the same machine (unlike .NET Framework). Each app can determine which version of .NET Core to use.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42410042/can-i-install-net-framework-and-net-core-on-the-same-machine

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 12, 2018 9:02 AM
  • Joyce:

Thank you for the response. I have my Core site running along side the Standard framework sites.

Mark L Cole

Thursday, April 19, 2018 8:42 PM
  • Hi,

Could you please mark your reply as an answer which will be help for those who has the same doubt with you? Thank you for the understanding.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 20, 2018 9:49 AM