none
Errors building a C# project RRS feed

• Question

• I am putting this here because I am pretty sure this has to do with an incorrect setup and/or configuration.

I am trying to build one of my first C# sample projectsusing Visual Studio 2008 Professional. I keep getting these errors:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "AppUtil".
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "VimService2008.XmlSerializers".
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "VimService2008".
    GetVMFiles.cs(8,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'AppUtil' could not be found
    GetVMFiles.cs(9,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'VimApi' could not be found
    GetVMFiles.cs(15,24): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'AppUtil' could not be found
    GetVMFiles.cs(16,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'VimService' could not be found
    GetVMFiles.cs(17,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ServiceContent' could not be found
    GetVMFiles.cs(143,42): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ManagedObjectReference' could not be found
    GetVMFiles.cs(159,38): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ManagedObjectReference' could not be found
    GetVMFiles.cs(258,45): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ManagedObjectReference' could not be found
    GetVMFiles.cs(290,23): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'OptionSpec' could not be found

I tried building the project setting target as .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5, again all with the same results.

Any suggestions as to what to try? Thanks.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:22 PM

Answers

All replies