Can't get a developer license on my Surface 2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to deploy my store app on my Surface 2. To that end I installed the VS RemoteTools (ARM) on my Surface 2 and started the Remote Debugger. When deploying from VS 2013 I'm then prompted to acquire a developer license for Windows 8.1 RT. I am then prompted for credentials, but get the message "We couldn't get your developer license for Windows RT 8.1 - Error 0xC03F1014". I'm baffled, really. I even registered as a developer for store apps, paid up but the result is still the same. I'm positive that Windows RT 8.1 on the Surface 2 is not a crack (how could it be, hmm). The development machine runs Windows 8.1 Pro, which is a legal copy as well. VS on the dev machine is VS 2013 Express.

I have no idea what's going on, any suggestions?

Sunday, December 8, 2013 6:01 PM

Answers

• Hi Aredhel,

There are some known system issues that can cause this problem, but beyond resetting / reinstalling it's not something we can help with on the forum. For individual help please open up a case with your developer account by visiting: http://aka.ms/storesupport and choose "Developer Tools" to open a support case. You may already have incidents included with your Store subscription which you can use as support options.

--Rob
    Sunday, December 8, 2013 7:37 PM

All replies

• Sunday, December 8, 2013 7:26 PM
  • Hi Aredhel,

There are some known system issues that can cause this problem, but beyond resetting / reinstalling it's not something we can help with on the forum. For individual help please open up a case with your developer account by visiting: http://aka.ms/storesupport and choose "Developer Tools" to open a support case. You may already have incidents included with your Store subscription which you can use as support options.

--Rob
    Sunday, December 8, 2013 7:37 PM
  • Thanks for this suggestion. Unfortunately, setting the policy to unrestricted didn't change anything. 
    Sunday, December 8, 2013 7:56 PM
  • Thanks Rob, I've opened a support case.

As for resetting, I already did that a couple of days ago (for different reasons, though).

Sunday, December 8, 2013 7:57 PM
  • Any solution provided? I am having the same issue with my Lumia 2520 Win8.1RT device.
    Sunday, January 5, 2014 11:54 PM
  • Hi Drooch,

Please see the marked answer.

--Rob

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 12:22 AM