Windows Phone 8 - Toast notifications RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have been developing for Windows Phone 8 for sometime, however I have only just started to learn about the Toast Notifications.

Could somebody please clear some questions I have up for me as I have read a number of articles on the web but are not sure if they relate to Windows 8 or Windows Phone 8.

1) Can you change a Windows Phone 8 toast duration to Long?

2) Can you change the toast notification audio type and enable an audio loop for Windows Phone 8?

3) If a user clicks on the toast notification, is it possible for the user to be returned to whatever page they were viewing on the app when they left it instead of the user being taken back to the MainPage?

Friday, May 17, 2013 5:32 PM

All replies

• 1) No.

2) No.

3) This depends on the application type and target OS.  

In Windows Phone 8, if your app uses Fast app resume and if the app is in the "Dormant" state, then you could cancel the new page navigation to remain on the most recent page the user was on when the app was last suspended.  

In all other cases the application state is not preserved, and so tapping on the Toast would launch the app to its default page or the page specified in the <wp:Param> element of the Toast message payload.  (... or a "mapped" page if you implement a Uri mapper from on UriMapperBase.)

-Eric.

Monday, May 20, 2013 2:18 PM