locked
Person / Group picker issue - Infopath 2010 and Browser web form 2007 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi all,

    I am in the midst of creating a IP 2007 browser form in Inopath 2010 that is to be published to a SharePoint 2007 library.

    While i have no issues doing this, I do have a problem with the default "Person / Group Picker" control. I require that this control cannot be blank in the form when users fill it out. Unlike an IP 2010 form, I can't select the "cannot be blank" option as it is not supported by IP 2007 browser forms.

    What i have done as a workaround is to populate the name in the Person Picker into a hidden field. If the field is blank, the Submit button is disabled. This also works, however, when a user clicks the "Check Name" button on the control (when the field is empty), IP thinks the hidden field is not empty anymore and thus enables the submit button.

    This workaround will probably work in most cases, but not all.

    Any ideas to A) Have the validation directly on the control (which i think will not be possible) or B) Any type of workaround?

    Thanks


    Regards,

    Rammie

    • Edited by Rammie Monday, November 28, 2011 12:16 PM
    Monday, November 28, 2011 12:16 PM

Answers

  • Use accountID or email in hidden field and compare it with condition like

    if (HiddenField do not Contains @domain.com)

    Hide submit button

     


    Dare to promise
    • Marked as answer by Rammie Thursday, December 1, 2011 3:06 PM
    Monday, November 28, 2011 3:46 PM

All replies

  • Use accountID or email in hidden field and compare it with condition like

    if (HiddenField do not Contains @domain.com)

    Hide submit button

     


    Dare to promise
    • Marked as answer by Rammie Thursday, December 1, 2011 3:06 PM
    Monday, November 28, 2011 3:46 PM
  • Hi D-Virdi,

     

    Thank you for your reply. Looks promising! I will be able to check it on wednesday so i will let you know.


    Regards, Rammie
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 8:21 AM
  • Hi D-Virdi,

    I have tried your suggestion.

     

    AccountID has the format <domain>\user. So I have changed it to: If (AccountID does not contain <domain>\) and it works.

     

    Note: I have not used the hidden field, but directly on the AccountID field!

     

    Thanks for the help!


    Regards, Rammie
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 3:06 PM