none
Appropriate event to monitor AppointmentItem Cancelation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to run some code upon cancellation of an AppointmentItem, however two of the events that I tried to capture fire more than once (Application.Application.ItemSend and AppointmentItem.Write). This bring me to re-think my logic and find a suitable place to implement it. I couldn't find a reason why the two events are fired twice in my case as I am using inspector wrapper to register these events on a new inspector window and Un-registering them on inspector close event.

Please note that I want to monitor all possible scenario where an Appointment can be canceled/deleted. I  need some urgent help to resolve this issue, any help/suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

• Edited by iamadnan Thursday, May 5, 2016 3:27 PM
    Wednesday, May 4, 2016 7:01 PM

All replies

• Why do you even need any inspector events? Monitor the Application.ItemSend event, check if you get a MeetingItem object as an argument, check that the message class is "IPM.Schedule.Meeting.Resp.Neg" or Class = 55 (OlObjectClass.olMeetingResponseNegative).

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 7:56 PM
  • I have already done that please read my question I misspelled Application.ItemSend as Application.Send, the problem is the number of times, event is fired, two in my case. Please note that I am trying to cancel a meeting I have created. I have to show a confirmation/details dialogue before an appointment is canceled.
    Thursday, May 5, 2016 3:30 PM
  • The event only fires once. Are you sure you do not set up the event handler twice? Do you see this behavior in OutlookSpy (click Application button, go to the Events tab, look at the log at the bottom of the window when you cancel an appointment)?

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

Thursday, May 5, 2016 3:34 PM
  • Hi iamadnan,

Could you share us your simple code? I made a test with Application.ItemSend event, and it only fire one time for send. When you send this appointment, it fires one time, and when you cancel this appointment, it will fire one time again.

>> Please note that I want to monitor all possible scenario where an Appointment can be canceled/deleted

Could you share us details steps when this event fire twice?

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, May 6, 2016 3:08 AM