none
[MS-OXPROTO] Functional architecture description questions / suggestions RRS feed

• Question

• This is a relatively low priority set of suggestions relating to [MS-OXPROTO] v 20110315

Section 2.1.3.2 contains a list of protocols. That list could be extended to include SMTP (to match Figure 2)

Figure 3 isn't consistent with the text in section 2.2.2. Specifics:

1. MS-BBODY in the diagram probably should be MS-OXBBODY

2. MS-OXCFLD in the diagram probably should be MS-OXCFOLD

3. The relative positioning of MS-OXCSYNC and MS-OXCFXICS would probably be better reversed (i.e. MS-OXCSYNC is the higher level document)

4. The figure includes a [MS-RPC] reference. Is there actually any such document? Should that be replaced with [MS-RPCE] and [MS-RPCH] (as peers) at the lowest level? Those documents probably should also be included in the glossary.

5. MS-OXCPRPT is mising from Figure 3. I think it probably belongs as a peer to MS-OXCTABL.

6. MS-OXSHARE and most of the content conversion docs are missing from the diagram. I think MS-OXVCARD probably belongs above MS-OXCNTC. I think the two RTF documents, MS-OXTNEF, and MS-OXCMAIL, plus MS-OXSHARE probably belong above MS-OXOMSG (i.e. as peers to MS-OXOSMIME). MS-OXCICAL probably belongs above MS-OXOCAL. MS-OXOAB probably belongs above MS-OXPFOAB.

7. MS-OXPFFB is included in the diagram, but I don't see it in section 2.2.2

Context diagrams like Figure 3 might also be useful for other parts of section 2.2 (e.g. one for Activesync protocols in Section 2.2.4, possibly one for address book for Section 2.2.6, and probably in Sections 2.2.9 and 2.2.10.

So the question is about the existence and content of MS-RPC. Any such thing?

Brad

Saturday, May 14, 2011 5:20 PM

Answers

• Brad,

I have forwarded this information on for review and possible inclusion in a future release of the documentation.
    There is no such thing as [MS-RPC], this should be [MS-RPCE].

Thank you for your continued support and improvement of the open specifications documents.

• Proposed as answer by King Salemno Monday, May 16, 2011 2:25 PM
    • Marked as answer by Brad Hards Monday, May 16, 2011 10:04 PM
    Monday, May 16, 2011 2:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Brad,

Thank you for your question.  Someone on our team will follow up with you soon to investigate.

Regards,
    Mark Miller
    Escalation Engineer
    US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

Saturday, May 14, 2011 8:34 PM
  • Brad,

I have forwarded this information on for review and possible inclusion in a future release of the documentation.
    There is no such thing as [MS-RPC], this should be [MS-RPCE].

Thank you for your continued support and improvement of the open specifications documents.

• Proposed as answer by King Salemno Monday, May 16, 2011 2:25 PM
    • Marked as answer by Brad Hards Monday, May 16, 2011 10:04 PM
    Monday, May 16, 2011 2:18 PM
  • Thanks very much.

Brad

Monday, May 16, 2011 9:58 PM