How to explain our need for the "enterprise authentication" capability? RRS feed

• Question

• It seems my company's app submission has failed because the testers don't believe that our app needs the enterprise authentication capability.  This was the only criterion that we failed.  Our application consumes the RDP ActiveX control, which in my understanding requires the enterprise authentication capability in order to store and retrieve credentials as part of the login process (i.e. the checkbox in the authentication prompt that the RDP control shows that asks to save credentials).

There is no custom field in the store submission process where we can explain our requirement for this capability.  Are we supposed to be putting it in the section where we provide notes for the testers?  Or is there some other field where we are supposed to put this?  Any other recommendations for how we can ensure that we are not rejected for this again?

Thursday, December 27, 2012 1:16 PM

Answers

• Notes to testers is the proper area for that sort of information. I have found that testers do actually read those notes and will pass you on issues that you openly address and give justification for.

If you recently just failed and won't be submitting a new app package, it should be a rather quick second review, assuming your notes to the testers are clear and cover the reason for the capability.

Author of Alpaca Children's Story Books for Windows 8

Thursday, December 27, 2012 6:49 PM