none
[REQUEST] Macbook Pro Retina Keyboard Driver RRS feed

• General discussion

• Greetings everyone,

I was browsing MSDN for tutorials onto how to make a keyboard filter driver in order to swap Fn-Ctrl and remap PowerKey to Delete on a Macbook pro retina internal keyboard. I managed to get a project up and running but I didn't get too far after that. My knowledge regarding driver development is limited, so I am asking can this really be done?

If yes, can someone write a keyboard filter driver in order to achieve this functionality? After many attempts I just gave up.

Thank you for your time.

Friday, January 30, 2015 9:31 PM

All replies

• Yes you can write a keyboard filter to achieve this.  Many years ago, Mark Russinovich of Sysintenals had a keyboard filter driver called Ctrl2Cap that inverted the meaning of the control and caps lock keys. 

Don Burn Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting Website: http://www.windrvr.com

Friday, January 30, 2015 9:40 PM
  • there is a kbdfiltr example which gives you exactly the right level of ability to do what you want. you want to filter the hid keyboard and see the scan codes being reported and the ability to change them.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, January 30, 2015 10:31 PM
  • Thanks for posting here Doron Holan, I did use that example and it is quite useful. However I couldn't install the compiled driver onto the HID Keyboard. How do I install it correctly?

When I used update driver and pointed to the .INF file it gave me an error that no suitable driver was found. The project by itself is designed for a PS2 keyboard. So how do I adapt the project to work with a HID Keyboard?

Friday, January 30, 2015 10:45 PM