none
Is there a zoom control for the Report Designer? rdlc RRS feed

• Question

• Is it me or is this one of the worst WYSIWYG designers by M$? 

I have to lay our 150 diff textboxes to mimic a Medical Billing Invoice and this designer is so hard to work with. 

Yes I am working more in the XML side of things just to get things done. 

Anyone have work arounds?

Oh yeah I use to say that Crystal Sucks.  That was before I worked with this product.  There is a new level to sucks now. 

TIA

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 9:20 PM

All replies

• Hello, TIA:

Working with RDLC in a C# project in Visual Studio 2010 on Windows 7 I did find a Report toolbar including a Combo Box toolbar-control.  This combo box provided 9 pre-set zoom factor options (Page Width, Whole Page, 400%, 200%, 150%, 100%, 75%, 50%, 25%) plus the ability to enter your own custom zoom factor.

I did observe the following when working with VS 2010 on a PC set with a lower screen resolution: this Combo Box toolbar-control can be made invisible by virtue of the Report toolbar's width running past the right edge of the main window.  It is by default the rightmost control on the Report toolbar.  So, to fix this, just drag the Report toolbar leftward on its "toolbar row" to expose the Zoom combobox.  If you still don't see the Zoom combobox, use the "Options" gadget on the right edge of the Report toolbar to "Add or Remove Buttons", making sure the Zoom button is selected.

Good luck,
    WJB

• Proposed as answer by RMWP Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:29 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by RMWP Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:29 PM
    • Proposed as answer by DanW52 Sunday, October 6, 2019 4:15 PM
    Monday, August 22, 2011 10:14 PM
  • Thanks.  I am overloaded in another deliverable right now.  I'll try to get to this within a week. 
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 1:37 PM
  • SSRS is the biggest piece of shit on earth as far as reports. I have quit jobs that forced me to use it. It is so awul. Zero redeeming qualities. Every developer that worked on it should be fired and blacklisted.
    Friday, May 9, 2014 2:03 PM