Resource File not finding correct Language after moving to Separate Project RRS feed

• Question

• User-1912941216 posted

Hi Forum, 

I though I would be able to get this working, it is half working - but only to the default res file, if I change the language it still returns with the default value. All I have done is moved the resx files to a separate project. Both the resx file are public set to PublicResXFileCodeGenerator and embedded resource - the same as it was when it was working.

I was not sure how to address the location of the resource file, here is my code below - but it only and always return the default value. The constructor excerpts an ENUM to create the right resource file location, via a SELECT statement (only one option at the moment - this is a test)

Is the code wrong, or do I somehow need to reference the actual location of the other resource file which is App_GlobalResources\BusinessServiceCheckBoxes.el.resx

It was defiantly working before I moved to separate project, but I did since write this code to help - so maybe I did something wrong here

The code works (in a way) as it will return the correct value but always in the default language, but does not return the correct language version of the value

Do I now need to reference this version of the file in the code - BusinessServiceCheckBoxes.el.resx - but kind of defeats the value of resource files :-)

Any help or suggestions  would be great

Kind Regards

Graham M

Public Class Go2ResourceAccess

Private BaseUrl As String = "{server location of seperate resources project}"
        Private ResourceLocation As String
        Private rsxr As ResXResourceSet

Sub New(ResourceType As RequiredResource)
            GetResourceUrl(ResourceType)
            rsxr = New ResXResourceSet(ResourceLocation)
        End Sub

Public ReadOnly Property GetResourceValue(key As String) As String
            Get
                Return rsxr.GetString(key)
            End Get
        End Property

Public Enum RequiredResource
            VirtualFolderCheckBoxes = 1
        End Enum

Private Sub GetResourceUrl(ResourceType As RequiredResource)
            Select Case ResourceType
                Case RequiredResource.VirtualFolderCheckBoxes
                    ResourceLocation = BaseUrl & "App_GlobalResources\BusinessServiceCheckBoxes.resx"
            End Select

End Sub

End Class

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 7:46 AM

Answers

• User-1912941216 posted

Hi All, 

13 Hours later I finally got it to work - it is easy

DIm answer = {namespace}.{ResourceFileClassName}.ResourceManager.Getstring("name")
    Public ReadOnly Property GetResourceValue(key As StringAs String
        Get
            Return {AppNameSpace}.Resource.CheckBoxes.VirtualFolderCheckBoxes.ResourceManager.GetString(key)
        End Get
    End Property

Hope this helps somebody one day

Graham

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, February 28, 2018 9:42 PM