none
TABLE_CHANGED/TABLE_RELOAD on a heirarchy table for IPM_ROOT doesn't refresh children RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to reload the IPM_SUBTREE mapi table. The problem is if i add any new folder to ipm_SUBTREE, i have to send TABLE_CHANGED on that ipm_SUBTREE hierarchy table. So if I have the hierarchy given below and folder12 is the new folder added and i want to do TABLE_CHANGED, i have to send TABLE_CHANGED on FOLDER1 heirarchy table id, if is send it on IPM_SUBTREE or even on INBOX, it doesn't work. I just want to reload the IPM_SUBTREE, is there a mechanism in mapi where it recursively does TABLE_CHANGED for subfolders as well.

IPM_ROOT

INBOX

FOLDER1

FOLDER11

FOLDER12

Regards,

uiqbal

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 3:00 PM

Answers

• Do you mean you do that from your own store provider?

I am not sure I understand the problem - if Folder1 is the parent, then you need to send a notification on its hierarchy table, not on the Inbox or IPM root folder. Why is it s problem?

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.2 is now available!

• Marked as answer by UIQBAL Saturday, March 17, 2012 12:54 PM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2012 5:41 PM
  • You would only send notifications on tables that are affected by the change. If the only hierarchy tables opened on IPM_ROOT or Inbox were opened without CONVENIENT_DEPTH, then nothing about those folders would change, so there's no reason to send a notification on them.

What do you mean when you say you are "trying to reload the IPM_SUBTREE mapi table"? If you're the store provider, you wouldn't be doing that. Outlook, the client, might decide it wants to do that, but when it does, it will be calling you, not you calling it. What's the problem you're trying to solve here?

Monday, March 12, 2012 4:58 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Do you mean you do that from your own store provider?

I am not sure I understand the problem - if Folder1 is the parent, then you need to send a notification on its hierarchy table, not on the Inbox or IPM root folder. Why is it s problem?

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.2 is now available!

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 5:41 PM
  • Yes i am doing it in my own provider.

That's what is my question can i send notification on Inbox or ipm root folder, so that the complete hierarchy of contents table and hierarchy tables get refreshed or does it have to be individual tables.

Regards,

uqibal

Thursday, March 8, 2012 12:51 AM
  • You would only send notifications on tables that are affected by the change. If the only hierarchy tables opened on IPM_ROOT or Inbox were opened without CONVENIENT_DEPTH, then nothing about those folders would change, so there's no reason to send a notification on them.

What do you mean when you say you are "trying to reload the IPM_SUBTREE mapi table"? If you're the store provider, you wouldn't be doing that. Outlook, the client, might decide it wants to do that, but when it does, it will be calling you, not you calling it. What's the problem you're trying to solve here?

Monday, March 12, 2012 4:58 PM
    Answerer