none
Error With EventSource in ReceivePipeline RRS feed

• Question

• I have an issue when my application (a BizTalk interface) tries to write to event logs. I get the following error:
    A message received by adapter "FILE" on receive location "MyReceiveLocation" with URI "E:\FileDrop\MyApplication\IN\*.xml" is suspended. Error Details: There was a failure executing the receive pipeline: "MyPipelineComponent...". "Source: "Itinerary Selector" Receive Port: "MyReceivePort" URI: "E:\FileDrop\MyApplication\IN\*.xml" Reason: The source was not found, but some or all event logs could not be searched. To create the source, you need permission to read all event logs to make sure that the new source name is unique. Inaccessible logs: Security.
    I am using BizTalk Server 2010 and ESB 1.0. I also created the source Itinerary Selector and gave all permissions to everyone, but still I haven't got rid of this error. Can someone help me on this?
    Friday, September 16, 2011 11:39 AM

Answers

• It seems that another source aside from what you've registered is trying to log to event log.

You can try this to get the actual source that is trying to log.

Start -> Run -> regedit.exe
    Navigate to My Computer > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog

in the Permissions, and grant the identity wherein the service is running read/write permissions.

You will see the source that you need to register

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 3:42 PM

All replies

• Imran,

Can you try adding service account under which the host instance is running to the server administrators group?

Thanks,

SRG
    Friday, September 16, 2011 12:49 PM
  • If you are passing the source value from within your custom logs, I think ESB 1.0 would be the problem. Do you see any event logs entries for BizTalk Server 2010. Try this link 
    Regards,
    Bali
    MCTS: BizTalk Server 2010,BizTalk Server 2006 and WCF
    Blog: http://dpsbali-biztalkweblog.blogspot.com
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.
    Friday, September 16, 2011 1:20 PM
  • Thanks Bali, the link that you refered to me is talking about creating a source in the EventLog, as I already said, I've created the source but still I am unable to get rid of the error, so I believe the problem is something else.
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 9:45 PM
  • Try logging from a normal C# class with this source, if it's giving the same issue, am afraid the source is not created properly.
    Regards,
    Bali
    MCTS: BizTalk Server 2010,BizTalk Server 2006 and WCF
    Blog: http://dpsbali-biztalkweblog.blogspot.com
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.
    Monday, September 19, 2011 6:13 AM
  • Bali, I am using a batch file to create the source and after creating the source I've verified that from the registry.

Regards,

Imran Nazir

• Edited by Imran Nazir Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:23 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:23 AM
  • It seems that another source aside from what you've registered is trying to log to event log.

You can try this to get the actual source that is trying to log.

Start -> Run -> regedit.exe
    Navigate to My Computer > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog

in the Permissions, and grant the identity wherein the service is running read/write permissions.

You will see the source that you need to register

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 3:42 PM
  • Thanks Randy!! I was even facing the same issue.
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 4:21 PM