SQL Replication RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

We have SQL server 2005 and running on our side replication “Local Subscriptions”  , due to some unknown reason my subscription is stopping.  I have to manually start that,

I’m looking for script or any query to start the subscriber replication. Is there any way to automate this, if subscriber is failed check the status and start.

Need help.

Aucsna
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 12:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Typically, each replication agent job should be run automatically according to its scheduler, so that if any replication agent job executes with failure, we need to look into failed error message either in its job history or replication monitor rather than executing it manually.

If you are likely doing that, you can run sp_help_job to get the SQL Server agent job current_execution_status and decide whether to start it; and it is can be done by creating a SQL Server Agent job with appropriate job.

Best Regards
    Alex Feng | Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 6:27 AM