local database cache RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using vs 2010 express, and there's no template "local database cache". Sql express is installed, on other forums says that it should be on this version, only it's not included in vs 2012. so what's the problem, I can't find solution nowhere on internet.
    • Moved by Kristin Xie Thursday, May 14, 2015 6:33 AM move to appropriate forum
    Wednesday, May 13, 2015 7:13 PM

All replies

• Hi. In my Visual c# 2010 Express is missing local database cache template. What's the matter?
    • Merged by Kristin Xie Thursday, May 14, 2015 6:36 AM the same issue
    Sunday, April 19, 2015 11:20 PM
  • There are many ways to cache your database. The Caching Application Block https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff664753(v=pandp.50).aspx is one of the ways to ache your database.

chanmm

chanmm

Monday, April 20, 2015 12:30 AM
  • Hi martinkoyu,

While installing Visual Studio 2010, I saw an option to install SQL Express. Have you checked that option assuming it would install SQL Server Express?

Here is my screenshot,

Please also try to connect to that named instance using .\SQLEXPRESS or (local)\SQLEXRPESS.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Kristin Xie Monday, April 27, 2015 11:21 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Kristin Xie Thursday, May 14, 2015 6:30 AM
    Monday, April 20, 2015 10:05 AM
  • U can refer this discuss to see whether there is a way can help:

http://www.postseek.com/meta/1b273237cd75ca49e063a0a5ad288893

----------------------------------------------

Free C# PowerPoint component is under evaluation, any suggestions.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 6:46 AM
  • Thanks. I'll try it.
    Wednesday, May 13, 2015 12:45 AM
  • Dear Kristin. I re installed the sql express, even I think that it was already installed, and local database cache still doesn't appear.
    Wednesday, May 13, 2015 7:09 PM
  • Hi martinkoyu,

This forum is discuss and ask questions related C# code issues in specific. Now based on your description, your case related to VS general issue. I will move your case to VS general forum for better support.

Have a nice day!

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, May 14, 2015 6:33 AM
  • Hi martinkoyu,

>>On other forums says that it should be on this version, only it's not included in vs 2012. so what's the problem, I can't find solution nowhere on internet.

Could you share me the links or documents about this issue? Whether it is related to this case?

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/0baefdc3-2774-4368-9b64-51058063a712/adding-local-database-cache?forum=csharpgeneral

Reference:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/761198/visual-studio-2012-professional

The Local Database Cache template and the Configure Data Synchronization dialog are not included in Visual Studio 2012. You can open and run projects that were created in Visual Studio 2010 if Microsoft Synchronization Services v1.0 is installed; however, if you want to update these projects in Visual Studio 2012, you must make any changes manually in code. As a work around to continue using the design-time tools, continue to use Visual Studio 2010 to maintain and update these projects.  For new development, target the new synchronization model provided by Microsoft Sync Framework. For more information, see Microsoft Sync Framework Developer Center: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sync/bb736753.aspxP.S. To Stephen who first logged this issue: we deeply regret the unacceptable time it's taken to post a reply to you on this.  This slipped through the cracks of our process - this is both unfortunate and below the high quality bar we set for ourselves to respond to customer feedback. Again, we apologize for keeping you waiting on a response.

In addition, you'd better test it in other VS2010 version, you know that the express is free, maybe it would have the limitation.

Best Regards,

Jack

Thursday, May 14, 2015 10:26 AM
  • As for the links, just type in google, "local database cache missing", and it will throw you links.
    Sunday, May 17, 2015 7:44 AM
  • And for considering other versions of Visual Studio, I don't have money for it. I'm taking one curse of c# programming, in there are exampless for VS Express 2010, where is mentioned local database cache. So by that it should be there. Anyway that's for effort to help me, maybe eventually something will pop up.

Sunday, May 17, 2015 7:54 AM
  • Hi martinkoyu,

Which VS2010 Express version did you use?

Open your VS IDE, click Help menu->About the VS, please share me the detailed version inforamtion about it, it would be better if you could share me a screen shot about it, so I could setup the same version as yours and repro this issue in my side.

Best Regards,

Jack

Monday, May 18, 2015 8:25 AM