none
USB Function Driver Verification Tests failing on WEC7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am running CTK tests on WINCE700 device.

The following tests are failing in USB Function Driver Test:

1. Get/set USB function current client driver <Test ID 103>
    2.  Enumerate All Clients <Test ID 106>

The error in the logs is as follows:

IOCTL_UFN_CHANGE_CURRENT_CLIENT call: could not change to client "USBFNBVT"

I modified CTK test code so that it tries to load "RNDIS client driver" in place of "USBFNBVT" test client driver. Then, RNDIS driver load without any problem. Not sure from where in driver code, the implementation of IOCTL_UFN_CHANGE_CURRENT_CLIENT is coming.

Does anyone have any information on this?

Thursday, July 4, 2013 7:39 AM

Answers

• Found out that issue is with loading "usbfnbvt" test client driver. If CTK code is modified in such a way that I load RNDIS or any other client driver in place of "usbfnbvt", the test works fine.

Thanks,

Jyoti

• Marked as answer by Jshukla_11 Friday, September 20, 2013 1:50 PM
    Monday, August 5, 2013 1:06 PM

All replies

• You could debug it and find out where it is failing. The source code of USB Function bus driver is located at

WINCE700\public\common\oak\drivers\UsbFn\controller\mdd\ufnbus.cpp.

The problem could be your function driver is not unloading cleanly. First make sure your driver loads/unload dynamically properly.

Best Regards,

Rakesh.

Thursday, July 4, 2013 2:04 PM
  • I debugged more and found out that there is a problem while loading USBFNBVT test client driver only.

As, I mentioned earlier also I modified the test-code to load RNDIS client driver in place of USBFNBVT. Which loads properly during the test execution. So, I doubt there is a problem only with loading USBFNBVT client driver. Any information, what is this USBFNBVT client driver?

Right now, Serial_class driver loads by default on connecting device to PC using USB. I want to test loading USBFNBVT client driver in place of Serial_class driver. For this purpose I need more information on USBFNBVT client driver.

Friday, July 5, 2013 1:02 PM
  • Found out that issue is with loading "usbfnbvt" test client driver. If CTK code is modified in such a way that I load RNDIS or any other client driver in place of "usbfnbvt", the test works fine.

Thanks,

Jyoti

• Marked as answer by Jshukla_11 Friday, September 20, 2013 1:50 PM
    Monday, August 5, 2013 1:06 PM