none
The adapter "WCF-Custom" raised an error message. Details "System.Transactions.TransactionAbortedException RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I see some warnings logged in the BizTalk server saying "The adapter "WCF-Custom" raised an error message. Details "System.Transactions.TransactionAbortedException: The transaction has aborted.". I am using the WCF LOB adapter for Oracle. The polling interval for my recieve location is 20 mins.

I am pretty sure that 20 mins is enough time for BizTalk to process the number of orders it fetches. The issue here is BizTalk polled the database to pick the orders sent it to the destination system but could not update the status in the source system and picked the order again. Modifyng the design might solve this problem. But it cannot be done now.

Could anyone help me to understand why BizTalk raised this error at the first place?

I could find some information at http://blogs.msdn.com/adapters/archive/2008/01/04/i-see-errors-or-warnings-in-the-event-log-when-i-disable-the-receive-port-when-the-polling-interval-is-small-say-0.aspx but this does not hold true in my case.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

A Islam

Monday, October 13, 2008 9:36 PM

Answers

All replies

• Just a guess - can you try increasing the receiveTimeout binding property value to a large value (say 23:59:59)?

If that too doesn't work, you could refer to the documentation in the Adapter Pack help files on enabling tracing, and look in there for any error/warning messages ..

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 1:27 PM
  • Does fetching the data take more than 10 mins when you see these errors?

If that is the case, could you try increasing the System.Transaction timeout values (including the max timeout which defaults to 10 mins) in the machine.config as described here: http://blogs.msdn.com/madhuponduru/archive/2005/12/16/how-to-change-system-transactions-timeout.aspx

(I am not 100% sure if this will help but worth trying  )

Also, if possible, can you post a detailed exception - that is if there is any stack trace?

Friday, November 7, 2008 1:09 PM