Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient, RRS feed

• Question

• User1918370122 posted

I am developing a tool on MVC framework & running into this error on server side:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient, Version=13.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

My tool works fine in local environment & also a similar tool works perfectly on server .

Please suggest how can I solve this error at the server side.

Thanks

Thursday, October 4, 2018 12:18 AM

All replies

• User283571144 posted

Hi Radhikaa,

I am developing a tool on MVC framework & running into this error on server side:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient, Version=13.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

My tool works fine in local environment & also a similar tool works perfectly on server .

Please suggest how can I solve this error at the server side.

According to your error message, it seems the .NET Assembly loader is unable to find 13.0.0.0, but did find an another version. This assembly does not match what was requested and therefore you get this error. In simple words, it can't find the assembly that was referenced. Make sure it can find the right assembly by putting it in the GAC or in the application path. 

Besides, I suggest you could check the Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient reference in your project to make sure you have set the copy to local to ture:

Right click the reference ---> Click the property ---> set the copy to local to true

Best Regards,

Brando

Thursday, October 4, 2018 6:40 AM
  • User1918370122 posted

HI Brando,

Thank you for replying to my thread.

As suggested, I checked my reference properties & the Local copy was already set to True. In the screenshot below, I see the run time version is different however than to what it is checking. Can this be the reason of error? I tried to change the Specific Version -> False . 

Not sure as to how I should resolve this.

Tuesday, October 9, 2018 8:49 PM
  • User1120430333 posted

It's telling you that the manifest for the program has refernce to the DLL above, it's telling you the version number. the public-key-token of the wanted DLL and it is not there in the Bin folder of the hosting server location. The DLL may be there, but it's not the version the program wants. 

Microsoft.analysisservices.adomdclient.dll

Tuesday, October 9, 2018 10:03 PM