Expression Web 4 SuperPreview

• When I attempt to sign up to use SuperPreview, I get a message stating that I need to check my firewall settings. What should the settings be in order to allow me to sign up for SuperPreview or could be another issue I need to address to get SuperPreview? Thanks for feedback on this issue. I am a student and just beginning web development and any would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again
    Saturday, March 08, 2014 2:51 AM

All replies

• The SuperPreview service is dead

Please delete your other thread before someone answers it. Only you can delete it and only until someone answers it. It's confusing to readers and bad form--Internet-wide--to double post.

Just install the browsers on your local machine; that's always been best. SP had limited usefulness, IMHO. And that usefulness diminished over time as standards were developed and browsers became better at complying with the standards. There are no wild variations, like there were, as old, nonstandard rendering engines fall into increasing disuse.

Things Liberal Arts graduates never like to hear:
    “…which means you are going first in Double Jeopardy.”

Saturday, March 08, 2014 3:11 AM
  • Please delete your other, duplicate thread before someone replies to it.

SuperPrevier rapidly became obsolete, as newer versions of the main browsers outran its support for them. AFAIK, it never did support anything but IE and Firefox natively, and the soi-disant "cloud" support was shut down when MS abandoned EW, although it was never that useful to begin with. SuperPreview, any version, is a static display. It does not display CSS dynamic effects, nor any client-side or server-side scripted dynamic effects. It is basically useless as a developer's tool, and always has been. Take it from the professionals who offer the support here. You're better off to install the actual browsers and test using EW's "Preview in Browser," which does display both scripted and CSS-driven dynamic effects.

And delete that other post. Now, please.

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

Saturday, March 08, 2014 3:48 AM