How to submit one view in Infopath form 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we are developing custom list form using infopath 2010. we have 2 views for one list, each view having some required field validation we need to save one view for 1 user another view for another

Is there any way to submit one view or any suggesion please

Thanks

Kushal

Friday, July 15, 2011 11:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Kushal,

I'm not sure that I completely understand your question - the way I'm reading it is that you are submittin your form to a list on sharepoint and want the information to show in 1 of the two views based on a value in the form,correct?  Is this actually a library you are submitting to, or is it really just a list (if it's just a list the form itself does not get saved here).

The way you really want to do it is submit your form to a form library.  You would use "Property Promotion" during form publishing so that the values from the form will become columns in the form library.  You would create your views on this form library.  For your views you would need to modify them - go into the filter section of the view's modification form and choose to only show items that match he criteria you require for that view.

You don't actually submit to just one view.  You submit to a library as a whole and views filter and sort the data as you require it. All forms & data are available to each view for you to choose what fields are used as the criteria for showing in that view or not.

I hope that helps,

Melissa

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Monday, July 25, 2011 5:17 AM
    Friday, July 15, 2011 12:36 PM